AmeriHealth Caritas Community Health Navigator Senior* in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Community Health Navigator Senior*
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com .
As part of the community outreach function, the Senior Community Health Navigator supports the development of and executes on the outreach strategy in a certain territory/justice involved member population for the purposes of impacting health outcomes, health care costs, and member engagement. This position is responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with community stakeholders and providers, implementing and managing community events and education programs, and engaging a group of select members in that territory.
Based on the territory / market assigned, the Senior Community Health Navigator may be asked to focus in one or all of the below functional areas.
Community Programs & Events:
- Leads the planning and execution of large outreach events.
- Partners with targeted providers to plan and implement preventative health education programs and screening events that improve the health status of our members and ultimately health outcomes.
- Promotes member and public awareness of the importance and the availability of screenings and services for the purposes of supporting healthy lifestyles in efforts and improving HEDIS measures.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and established providers to promote strong partnerships.
- Partners with community organizations and targeted providers to implement events and educational programs that address Medicaid program/Plan updates, enhance member knowledge, and ultimately impact health outcomes. These include: health/safety/HEDIS based education presentations; face-to-face education and outreach sessions/workshops for members which can be based on referrals from various departments; culturally and linguistically appropriate health promotion/education programs.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and established community organizations via phone, mail, e-mail and personal visits. Acts as key player in outreaching to and penetrating new organizations.
- Collaborates with internal departments and outside agencies to obtain data that is pertinent to the overall success of health education/promotion programs.
- Establishes connection and acts as the primary ACFC contact to a targeted member population, including some high-risk members, through home visits and outreach calls.
- Exercises judgment and discretion in the coordination of care by handling basic care follow up tasks and collaborating with AmeriHealth Caritas care management teams, community based health care providers, and other organizations.
- Informs members of the required actions to fulfill HEDIS, EPSDT, and Plan requirements and other referred outreach, through phone calls or home visits, and encourages them to comply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health related field preferred.
- Associate’s Degree In health related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Certified Peer Support preferred.
- Community based care experience required.
- Previous experience in presenting health education materials to individuals and small groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and disease processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate preventive health and health management philosophies to member’s and agencies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Medicaid requirements and plan, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of managed care.
- 50% of time will be spent traveling.
- Valid driver’s license Current auto insurance.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled