AmeriHealth Caritas Community Health Navigator* in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Community Health Navigator*
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com .
As part of the community outreach function, the Community Health Navigator supports the development of and executes on the outreach strategy in a certain territory for the purposes of impacting health outcomes, health care costs, and member engagement. This position is responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with community stakeholders and providers, implementing and managing community events and education programs, and engaging a group of select members in that territory.
- Partners with community organizations and targeted providers to implement events and educational programs that address Medicaid program/Plan updates, enhance member knowledge, and ultimately impact health outcomes.These include: health/safety/HEDIS based education presentations; face-to-face education and outreach sessions/workshops for members which can be based on referrals from various departments; culturally and linguistically appropriate health promotion/education programs.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and established community organizations via phone, mail, e-mail and personal visits.
- Collaborates with internal departments and outside agencies to obtain data that is pertinent to the overall success of health education/promotion programs.
- Establishes connection and acts as the primary ACFC contact to a targeted member population, including some high-risk members, through home visits and outreach calls.
- Exercises judgment and discretion in the coordination of care by handling basic care follow up tasks and collaborating with AmeriHealth Caritas care management teams, community based health care providers, and other organizations.
- Informs members of the required actions to fulfill HEDIS, EPSDT, and Plan requirements and other referred outreach, through phone calls or home visits, and encourages them to comply.
- Assists in addressing members’ barriers to care and to encourage/foster relationships with their medical/dental providers (medical/dental homes).
- Required High School/GED.
- Associate’s Degree in Health Care, Human Services or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- One to three years with a minimum of 2 years of health care in an office/clinic/hospital setting or human services experience.
- Community based care experience preferred.
- Previous experience in presenting health education materials to individuals and small groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and disease processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate preventive health and health management philosophies to member’s and agencies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Medicaid requirements and plan, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of managed care.
- 50% of time will be spent traveling.
- Preferred Bilingual (Spanish-English).
- Preferred knowledge of healthcare industry and marketplace.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled