AmeriHealth Caritas Behavioral Health Member Services (Saturday and Sunday 4pm-12am) in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Behavioral Health Member Services (Saturday and Sunday 4pm-12am)
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com .
Member Services Specialists are responsible for the intake processes of PerformCare. They are the first point of contact for Members accessing the company. This position is responsible for answering the telephone and explaining the operation of PerformCare to our Members when they call; Completing intake information regarding the member; Explaining procedures for accessing services to Members; Coordinating/Interfacing with the Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP), as necessary, to assist Members in securing transportation to scheduled appointments; Completing bed searches, as necessary, for IP and SA bed requests; Addressing Member complaints through the initialization of the PerformCare Grievance and Complaint process; Explaining a Member’s rights as requested; Providing additional resources to the Member such as a Member Handbook and list of in-plan providers from the Member’s geographic region and completing data entry of requests and authorizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to respond sensitively to member’s requests required.
- Previous customer service and data entry experience required, preferably within a call center.
- At least one year of experience in mental health and/or human services required; or equivalent background and experience that would translate well into this position.
- Experience with PCs in a Windows based environment required.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with Members and all other internal and external customers.
- Data Entry Experience.
- Ability to use PC’s in a Windows based environment.
- Ability to respond sensitively to Member’s requests for services.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled