AmeriHealth Caritas Personal Care Connector CHC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Personal Care Connector CHC
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com .
The Personal Care Connector (PCC) is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the Community HealthChoices Long Term Services and Supports Teams. The PCC conducts outreach activities to conduct initial health screening and schedules initial visits with newly enrolled Participants. This position may work in a call center like queue responding to inbound calls from Participants. The PCC is responsible for helping Participants access community resources, arrange transportation, and will assist Participants with accessing care through the Community Health Choices Program and community resources. Under the direction of LTSS leadership, the Personal Care Connector will provide Participants with educational materials and carry out strategies to increase health care adherence and reduce barriers to care.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of one to three years customer service in a healthcare setting.
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows based environment including word processing, spread sheets and working in database programs.
- Working knowledge of Plan Benefits and Services is preferred.
- Proven ability to keep accurate and timely records and documentation according to established processes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills on phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled